St. Enodoc Golf Club - The 125th celebrations are just beginning

The 125th celebrations are just beginning

With the Club's 125th Anniversary now on us there is a goodly display of memorabilia in the Clubhouse compiled by Peter Bendall and others from hours of diligent research. For those Members who will not be around to see it we have compiled two .PDFs which are under Extras which cover everything on those boards  giving a flavour of the very early days of the Club on a formal basis and under the Diaries the life and times of some of the Club's leading lights and reflect a very different world from that in which we live today.

At the same time we have compiled a gallery of old photos which we will keep permanently online and hopefully add to as we trawl up more treasures from our past. Bear in mind that when in 1936 the new clubhouse was opened the course moved back one hole as the old 2nd became the new 1st hole. Quite a few of the pictures especially those with the 125th anniversary wording have been produced by Stuart Morley from the original glass negatives which has resulted in such wonderfully sharp images. Click here to go to the new gallery.